Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Low Carb Lemon Cheesecake

Sorry!

Things have been super crazy busy lately so I have been onto the old favourite quick and easy recipes.  I did manage to stock up on dessert last week with a treat--- lemon cheesecake! I have been back at the gym now for fourteen weeks for nearly 70 workouts!

When I made this recipe it made twelve square mini-cheesecakes. It also made a six-inch round cheesecake. I have cut this recipe in half for you so that hopefully you don’t make too much! I still have one in the freezer. 

Crust:

1 ½ cups of almond flour
1/3 cup of melted butter
½ tablespoon of stevia (or your favourite sweetener)
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of coco powder


1.     Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2.     Combine almond flour, melted butter, spices and sweetener in a medium bowl.
3.     Once mixed well, press crest into the bottom of pan.
4.     Bake for ten to twelve minutes.
5.     Allow time to cool.

Cheesecake:

½ package of lemon flavoured sugar-free Jello
½ cup of boiling water
1 8oz package of softened cream cheese
1/3 cup of stevia (or your favourite sweetener)
½ teaspoon of vanilla
½ teaspoon of lemon juice
¼ cup of cream

1.     Dissolve half a package of sugar-free lemon Jello in a half-cup of boiling water. Cool and allow thickening but not setting.
2.     In a separate bowl combine softened cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
3.     Whip cream until stiff peaks form.
4.     Fold in cream cheese mixture.
5.     Pour the cream cheese filling over crust.
6.     Chill for at least two hours.

I garnished mine with fresh raspberries because the grocery store was out of blueberries (crazy, I know). I would like to make a blueberry garnish, or I would use sugar-free blueberry syrup if there were one available here in rural BC.  Raspberries worked too!




Nutritional information to come