Friday, October 19, 2012

Keto Pulled Pork

This is one of my favourite recipes. 

I make it and used pulled pork in everything.

Pulled Pork and eggs, pulled pork omelettes and as a garnish on burgers. 

Most of the time I eat it as an entree. 

This recipe makes 8 servings.

Ingredients:
2 lbs of pork shoulder (or tenderloin)
1 can of diet pop (root beer or Dr. Pepper)
a dash of cinnamon 
chipotle sauce 
hot sauce 
4 oz of low carb/sugar free bbq sauce

Procedure:
-Place pork in slow cooker and heat on low. 
-Pour diet pop over meat.
-Add dash of cinnamon.
-Let cook on low heat for 6 to 7 hours.

-After 6-7 hours drain the slow cooker well.

-I then add sauces to taste. I try to use as little bbq sauce and as much of the other sauces as possible to reduce the carbs. An alternative to this is using a 0 carb bbq sauce. 

Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
Calories: 148
Total Fat: 6g
Carbs.: 1.8g
Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 1.1g
Protein: 20.1g

Here is a pic from my latest Slow Cooker Sunday. I bought the biggest shoulder I have ever seen and cooked it over night. It was amazing to wake up to! I like to let it sit sauced before I eat for a few hours, but today I could not resist using some in a pulled pork omelette!