Sunday, July 6, 2014

Nutty Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are super simple and slightly altered from the "Everything Healthy" blog. I added in some almond butter and instead of using quick oats I decided to try them with coconut flour. Click here to check out the "Everything Healthy" blog. I plan on using these cookies as pre-workout fuel because they are a little more carby than what I normally eat. I am happy that there is not any added sweetener, maybe adding an egg and taking out a banana could cut the natural sugars?

Unfortunately my grocery store was out of dark chocolate chips so this recipe uses the standard semi-sweet ones. Next time I am going to cut up dark chocolate if this happens again. This one is a work in progress, if you have any suggestions let me know:)

Heads up do not taste the batter, you will want to eat ALL of it!

Ingredients: 
-2 small browned bananas
-3 tablespoons of almond butter
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/2 cup of coconut flour
-1/4 cup of chocolate chips

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease pan.
3. Mash together almond butter and banana.
4. Add vanilla.
5. Mix in coconut flour until all of coconut flour is lumpily consistent.
6. Add in chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.

Nutrition:
Calories: 112
Fat: 5.7g
Carbohydrates: 14.2g
Fibre: 3.8g
Sugar: 6.6g
Protein: 2.6g