Sunday, January 19, 2014

My First Bacon Weave

I am so excited!

I made my first bacon weave yesterday for a recipe I was testing out. My recipe is still in the works, I have been in a breakfast coma all weekend after this recipe, it was amazing.

Bacon weaves are definitely a treat, very high in calories but full of taste. This bacon weave uses 5 slices of thick bacon and 5 slices of maple bacon. We love maple bacon but the only brand our new grocer sells is pretty thin and falls apart. I wanted full on maple flavour, so I used half our crappy (but very tasty) maple bacon and half thick cut bacon.

It worked like a charm. I wish I would have taken a photo of the finished product before I continued on with the recipe... next time!

Ingredients:
10 slices of bacon

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. I placed the five slices of maple bacon on the pan horizontally and then weaved in the thick bacon horizontally (over one and then under one).
3. Cook in oven for around 28 minutes.
4. Towel off grease.