We love to switch up our seafood mid-week. 'Spicy Jalapeño Butter Shrimp' is one of our favourite ways to prepare shrimp, it is SO quick and SO easy. Perfect to make when you get home from work in a hurry to eat. We have started throwing jalapeños into the pan when we make the shrimp, but they are optional.
We often use the shrimp as a side with other things like Flatout Mini Pizzas.
-1lb Bag of Shrimp
-1/4 cup of butter
-1/2 can of Jalapeños (optional)
-salt & pepper to taste
-1 tsp. chili flakes
-1-2 tsp. chili powder
-1 tbsp. coconut oil
*season to taste, if these seasonings are too much for you reduce them
1. Thaw shrimp (if frozen).
2. Heat coconut oil in pan on stovetop at medium heat.
3. Add butter to the coconut oil.
4. Add thawed shrimp to the pan.
5. Add seasoning to the shrimp and butter.
6. Cook shrimp for 5-10 minutes (this may vary by stove/will be different if you are using precooked shrimp).
7. Add jalapeños (optional). Let sit for 2-5 minutes.